Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Girls Gone Bike



Ah, biking in the city. Is there any better feeling? Whizzing past the honks and horns of cars, finding new and faster ways to get around town while trying to avoid those nasty hills. Biking in Toronto is always a lot of fun, and while not as bike friendly as Montreal, is still a pretty safe mode of transportation. Whenever spring comes around I have big aspirations for me and my bike. I say "my bike" but I don't actually own one at the moment. For the past few years I have either borrowed one or picked one up for the season but I have yet to find a bike worth holding onto. I am convinced that if I found the perfect bike I would actually stick to my springtime plans of biking all summer instead of giving up around July.

I hate to admit it but I have a hard time sacrificing fashion for biking. If I want to bike somewhere it generally means I have to wear certain clothes (pants or shorts) with certain shoes (closed-toe flats, with good grippy bottoms) and carry a bag big enough to tote around a helmet all day. And this bothers me. And it bothers me, that it bothers me. I just want to be one of those cool girls that hops on her bike no matter what, no matter where. The Sartorialist teases me with all these beautiful pictures of gorgeous ladies riding around town in just about anything. I think I should just stick to my plan of getting my friend Geoff to double me on his bike to all my appointments. Cause nothing looks cooler than two people, one bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment